Main purposes of the job
The IT Senior Specialist will be responsible for aligning our technological innovation objectives with Planet’s corporate strategy and social innovation practices.
You will provide methodological and operational support, researching and designing best practices and products for smart cities and disseminating these concepts internally, as well as leading on management of these techniques when installed in developments. In addition, you will lead development projects in order to test and standardise pre-existing innovative technological systems.
- Methodological and operational support, such as driving the technological knowledge of the R&D team.
- Scouting technologies and services through participation in relevant global events, such as conferences and exhibitions. Distributing findings to the R&D Manager and across the Planet team.
- Aligning technological innovation objectives with Planet’s corporate strategy, including streamlining and directing internal knowledge to assist in the development of programmes and projects.
- Management and development of an up-to-date Knowledge Management System.
- Supporting the dissemination of technology solutions and products across the various Planet business units.
- Lead development projects aimed at testing innovative technological systems.
- Defining and managing pilot projects related to the R&D unit, as well as providing support for technical systems integrated in projects driven by other teams.
You will need a Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or another closely related field. Having a PhD will be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be demonstrably excellent at practice-based research and project management. You must have the ability to keep a wide view of general company strategy while focusing on specific solutions and the implementation of such at scale. Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as being able to communicate challenging ideas quickly and succinctly, is
It is advantageous, although not essential, to have basic knowledge of data science, knowledge management and business administration.
- Three or more years’ experience in a project management role
- Significant experience of research techniques
- Practical knowledge of international tenders (i.e. European Projects)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to discuss, analyse and synthesise ideas
- Good listening skills
- Comfortable with working across multidisciplinary teams
- Good time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for critical thinking
- Responsible and reliable
- Excellent team-working skills