What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing a unique identifier that is placed in the web browser of your computer or mobile device. Cookies and related technologies, such as tracer pixels, allow our systems to recognize your device and report information to us. This recognition helps the efficient operation of Planet, including our site and our apps.
What cookies does Planet use, and why?
We use both session cookies and permanent cookies.
- We use a session cookie to identify you during a specific visit to Planet. Session cookies expire after a short period of time or when you close the web browser or app after using Planet.
- We use a permanent cookie to identify you in the long term (for example, if you asked us to keep you connected, we would use a permanent cookie for this purpose). Persistent cookies remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie.
- Third-party cookies:
- Facebook: if you register or sign up using Facebook, a Facebook cookie is set up to help us track your access.
- Google Analytics: we use Google Analytics, including Google Analytics cookies, to collect anonymous traffic data in order to allow us to analyze how members and visitors access and use Planet, and for other Analytics services related to site activity and using the internet (learn more about how Google uses data from Google Analytics here and here.
- Third-party cookies deriving from content shared by members: Planet members may share content from third-party sites or services on Planet and these third-party sites or services may install their own cookies when interacting with that content. For example, if a member posts a YouTube video on Planet, YouTube may install a cookie when you click to view the video.
Changes to this information
Planet Holding Ltd
2nd floor, Berkeley Square House
Berkeley Square, Mayfair
London, W1J 6BE – United Kingdom
+44 207 8874525
Last updated: December 28, 2018