For those living in the EU, please consider that this Policy has been updated in accordance with the provisions of art.13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). For those residing elsewhere, if you visit, sign up, or use Planet, or otherwise indicate that you adhere to this Statement, you consent and authorize the use of your personal data in the manner described in this Policy.
When you use Planet, there are expectations about how you must respect and protect the privacy of other members. These expectations are listed in our Contract with Members. We invite you to read it. Violation of these rules or other sections of the Contract with Members could lead to loss of account privileges, and could potentially include a permanent ban from using Planet.
Specific information notices on the processing of personal data are provided in this document as well as, where necessary, in the pages relating to the individual services offered through our sites and apps. These notices are aimed at identifying the limits and methods of the data processing activities of each Service, on the basis of which the User may freely express his consent and authorize the collection of data and their subsequent processing, if necessary.
For all the Users
1.0 What is Planet?
Planet is a platform designed for physical places attended by people; with the hope that, wherever members use Planet’s platform, it can serve to enhance their quality of life.
We will use here “Planet” to refer to the sites, the iOS and Android apps of Planet (also defined as our Services) through which you access the platform. We will also use “Planet”, “we”, “us” and “our” to refer to the companies that operate our Services.
2.0 Who provides the Services and processes my data?
For the purposes of European data protection legislation, Planet Idea SrlHolding Ltd is the data controller.
Our legal bases for the collection, use, sharing and other processing of your data:
Planet uses different legal bases to collect, use, share and otherwise process your data for the purposes described in this Policy. The following legal bases are applicable for the performance of the Contract with Members and for the provision of the Services: Specifically, the processing is lawful if
i) You have expressed your consent, if required, through an unambiguous and affirmative act by which the member declares the free, specific, informed intention to accept the processing of personal data concerning him / her. This consent may be limited, withdrawn, and you may cancel your account at any time (e.g. for data processing concerning your location or for marketing purposes, if applicable);
ii) it is necessary for the performance by Planet of its obligations pursuant the Contract with Members (e.g. in order to allow you to use the Services, including communicating and sharing information with the other Members, booking a specific area or event);
iii) it is necessary for Planet’s compliance with a legal obligation;
iv) it is necessary to protect your vital interests or of another natural person (e.g. to use the SOS feature);
v) if it is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interest of Planet (including to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim).
The provision of your personal data for the purposes under points ii), iii), iii) is optional, but necessary to comply with legal and contractual obligations, or necessary to pursue Planet’s legitimate interests. In all these cases, failure to provide the data will prevent Planet from establishing a contractual relationship with you and offer the relevant Services.
The provision of data for the purposes under point i) and iv) is optional, and failure to provide the personal data at issue and/or refusal of consent to their processing will prevent Planet from carrying out the activities indicated under the information notice.
3.0 Our legitimate interests
We process your data to pursue the following legitimate interests:
- Keep the Services safe and secure: we use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, and those of our members, to ensure that Planet is safe, through the implementation and improvement of security and protection measures, against fraud, spam and abuse, spam and abuse, also to perform our Contract with Members.
- Provide, improve and develop the Services: we use your data to provide the Services. We do this as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests to provide an innovative offer to our members on a sustainable basis.
- Consistently provide the Services among the Planet companies: if the said Services involve other Planet companies, we will share your data with such affiliated companies in order to provide and improve the Services.
4.0 The data we collect
When we provide the Services, we collect or receive data in different ways. In many cases, you decide which data to provide. Some data are needed to use Planet and to provide you with the Services. We will use these data for the purposes described below.
Please note that some types of Planet accounts and features are not available everywhere, so some of the examples below may not apply where you live.
4.1 From you, or with your permission. We collect a set of data from you when you provide them directly, when we request them, or when you give us permission to obtain them from a third source. Below are a series of examples:
- When you sign up for Planet, provide your name, phone number, profile picture, e-mail address and other similar information.
- If you decide to invite new members to join Planet, you can choose to share their e-mail addresses with us, or share your contacts with us, so we can send them an invitation and a reminder on your behalf; in such a case, you ensure that the potential new member has agreed to share his / her contact details.
- If you want to join Planet, but we do not yet have the service for your area, you can choose to provide us with your contact information and ask us to notify you when it is available.
- If you use your Facebook account to access Planet (or subsequently connect your Facebook account to your Planet account), you authorize Facebook to share your personal information with us, including your name and your e-mail address.
- If you want to support a local business, you can choose to share information about it, through an email.
- If you want to help other Planet members know you better, you can share information about yourself on your profile, including your interests, your skills, or even what you like.
- If you want to connect and talk with members of special interests, you can share information about your interests.
- If you want to allow us to show you where you are on the map when you send an SOS, you can indicate it by changing the location settings on your mobile device.
4.2 From your browser and device. Like almost all other online services, we automatically collect technical information when you visit or use Planet or read our message. We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device. This provides us with technical information about when you use Planet as a guest or adherent, including:
- Device data, describing the device you are using, its type and model, its operating system and which version, its unique identifier, crash data (if any) and what settings you have activated. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
- Log data, which are automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent from your app or browser. Typically, this includes the date and time you visited, the version of the browser or app you used (and its settings), the URLs you came from and go to, your IP address and protocol and how you used Planet (for example, which links you clicked on)
4.3 From third parties and public sources. We engage service providers and third-party partners in order to provide information and we also use publicly accessible sources, such as with respect to public sources:
- Census data, street addresses, building plans and information about changes to postal addresses, which help us understand our members and potential areas for expansion. We can also use such data to verify the information you provide to us.
5.0 How we use your data
We use the data at our disposal to provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
5.1 Configuring Planet. In order to enable us to operate and provide the Services, we use the data to allow you to start using Planet.
- For residential members, we verify that you live at the address you provided us through a combination of your address and a second factor, such as a code that we provide, the address connected to your credit card or social security code (when permitted by law), manual checks by members or community managers who invited you, or geo-verification, if you are offered and accept this option.
- If you sign up with Facebook or link your account, we use your Facebook information to automatically create your Planet account, populate your profile and request a password so you can access Planet in the future without having to log in through Facebook.
- Once registered, your personal information is used to populate your profile.
5.2 Providing and improving the Services. We use the data to improve our products and our functions, and specifically:
- To understand aggregated and anonymized trends; to this purpose we use statistics and demographics of members and places we cover.
- To respond to your support requests and comments.
- To test and evaluate potential new products and features on Planet.
- To verify and solve problems, analyze trends and monitor the use of aggregated data and needs of resources.
- For our analytical activities, such as performing analyzes to create statistics and data on the use of our Services.
6.0 Your rights
As data subject, you can exercise the rights established under the applicable data protection laws. While some of these rights are generally applied, other rights only apply in certain cases. We describe these rights below.
6.1 Access and portability. You can access most of your data by logging into your Planet account. For EU member accounts, if you request access to other data or if you are not currently a Planet member, send us an e-mail to email@example.com to request a copy of your data. Where required by law, we will provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist you in transferring some of this data to third parties.
6.2 Correction and erasure. You can also rectify or delete your Planet data by connecting to your Planet account. If you cannot connect or do not have a Planet account, please contact us.
6.3Objection. If your data are processed on the basis of our legitimate interest, as explained above, or in the public interest, and you have an EU member account, in some circumstances you may object to this processing. In such cases, we will stop processing your data unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue processing them or when such processing is necessary to establish, exercise or defend.
6.5 Complaints. If you have an EU member account and wish to highlight a problem with our use of your data (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to contact your national supervisory authority or the supervisory authority of Planet.
7.0 Sharing data with third parties
We share data with service providers, affiliated companies, partners and other third parties, where necessary to perform the Contract with Members, to provide the Services or for any other purpose described in the Policy.
7.1 Share content with Members. Planet is a platform that allows neighbors to share useful information with each other. To this end, we design the Content that put on Planet, available to other Planet members.
7.2 Content accessible to the public. In limited circumstances, we may make small extracts of content available to the public (meaning non-members and search engines), without your name or other identifying information.
7.3 Marketing and spam. We know that you do not want to receive spam or marketing calls from third parties, so we will never sell or grant your contact information to third parties and will not share it with third parties unless you give us your consent.
7.4 Third party service providers. We may share your personal data in order to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support and market our Services. These third parties are contractually bound to use them only to provide their services and have the contractual prohibition to use them for their own purposes (for example, we use a company that helps us to analyze the performance of our site and mobile applications).
7.5 Within Planet. We can share your data within our “corporate group”. The more we grow, the more Planet becomes available in other countries, so we could expand our group by setting up subsidiaries or other affiliated companies in these countries, as needed to help us offer Planet in those countries.
7.6 Restructuring. If the activity is subject to business restructuring, as in the case of mergers or acquisitions of part or all assets, in accordance with our legitimate interests, we may need to share data in the context of the transaction. In such circumstances, your data may be disclosed, pursuant to applicable law, in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale or asset allocation, merger or other changes in the control or financial situation of Planet.
7.7 Legal and security reasons. We may store, file, or share your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that this is reasonably necessary to (a) respond, based on applicable law, to requests made under the law (for example, court summons, search warrants, court orders, or other requests from government authorities or law enforcement agencies); (b) identify, investigate, prevent and deal with fraud and other illegal activities, or security or technical issues; (c) protect our rights, our properties or our security; (d) enforce our Contract with Members or any other contract we have with you. Our legal team checks every request received from law enforcement agencies and requests changes to instances that we consider to be procedurally defective or too vague.
7.9 Aggregated data. We share some aggregated data about the places where we operate, such as statistics about activities and size, with subjects belonging to public administrations and other organizations. Given the special role of public administration accounts, we can provide public administrations with limited personal identification data (name and initials of the surname), for the community managers of the sites in order to allow administrations to communicate directly with them.
8.0 Communication of data outside the EU
We communicate personal data outside the EU in accordance with European data protection legislation, including when it is necessary to provide the Services and perform the Contract with Members.
8.1 Standard contract terms. We can use legal procedures known as “standard contract terms” to protect data transferred outside the European Union. The standard contractual clauses refer to contracts between companies that transfer personal data, which contain standard commitments approved by the European Commission in order to protect the privacy and security of the said data. To request a copy of the clauses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By continuing to use Planet, you understand that we may transfer and retain your data outside of your country of origin, as described in this Policy. The protection of privacy and the rights of the authorities to access your personal data in some of these countries may not be the same as your country of origin. Planet will transfer personal data only as permitted by law and will take measures to ensure the proper protection of your personal data.
9.0 Storage of data
10.0 Additional information
10.1 Security of the account. Planet uses technical and organizational measures to keep your data secure, including the use of https on our web pages in order to reduce the risk of unauthorized interception of your communications during your visits to the site. In any case, the Internet is not a completely secure environment and we cannot ensure that your data will not be intercepted or that no illegitimate access will occur. Please make sure you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
10.2 Other services and websites. While using Planet, you may find links to sites and services provided by third parties (for example, if an member shares a link to a YouTube video or an advertiser provides a link to a contest or lottery). These third parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to your business when you click on the link and access their sites or services. We assume no responsibility for the privacy and security practices of these external sites.
10.3 Changes to the Information. From time to time we may make changes to this Policy, so please review it periodically. If we make substantial changes to our Policy, we will notify you of such changes in advance, for example by sending you a message via e-mail or posting a notice in the news.
11.0 How to contact us
Planet Idea srl
Corso Valdocco 2
10122 – Turin (Italy)
+39 011 0130523
Our point of contact for data protection issues can be contacted here: email@example.com.
All intellectual property rights are owned by Planet Holding LTD
Last updated: Janaury 27, 2020.